Thursday, January 27, 2011

Atlanta is not Kansas City

If anyone is reading this, you know me well enough to know that I am the world's worst procrastinator. You've probably heard tales of me pulling an all-nighter to start and finish a 15 page paper or beginning to study for a final less than two hours before it occurs.

I, however, have been a good little girl and done everything I could to get important items taken care of. Granted, I did wait until yesterday to send in my final medical form, but other than that I was on top of things. I had forms done in November that didn't have to be completed until December.

Despite these efforts, I am still in the exact same situation that I normally am. I do not have my passport or visa in my possession despite submitting an application to the Ugandan embassy in November.

I received a Facebook message today from a man in Atlanta, Georgia informing me that he had received my passport in the mail along with his wife's visa from the Embassy. Luckily, this man was nice enough to FedEx it to me overnight, so it should get here tomorrow. Still, how did my visa end up in Georgia?!

I have called the Ugandan Embassy at least 3 times a day for the past two weeks in an attempt to get my visa. Almost every time I have called, the person I need to talk to is in a meeting or at lunch. They always promise me that I will receive a call back in the next half hour. I have never once been called back.

Finally, on Tuesday they promised me I would receive my visa in the mail by noon today. It is now 5:38.

So, will my visa and passport make it here on time? Only time (in the exact amount of 30 hours) will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment